09 Sep Trouble-shooting Obstacles and How to Overcome Them
Have you every found yourself completely avoiding a situation because it was a difficult hurdle to jump over?
Procrastination is so real. I am just as guilty.
Step #1: Identify the Obstacles
Weight loss is definitely an obstacle many of my clients struggled with for years. Before reaching out to me they:
- Tried diet after diet – many losing weight in the short-term, but gained it all back and more
- Drank smoothie after smoothie – many don’t want to see another one
- Cut out their favorite foods – many able to sustain for a few days or a week then the cravings take over
- Felt tired day after day – many push through the fatigue feeling that its normal
Tips to Overcome the Obstacles
Take each obstacle in life one step at a time.
- Acknowledge that getting help is a part of life and does not mean your attempts were meaningless
- Seek support from an expert to help ‘tweek’ what you’re currently doing and start seeing the results you desire
- With support comes an ‘accountability partner’ to help keep you motivated to reach the longer term goal
The key to long lasting weight loss and new found energy is to:
- Eat enough calories the to promote 1-2 pound weight loss per week
- Include your favorite foods as part of a healthy eating pattern
- Eat your calories rather than drink your calories
“When we eat to live, the power of food is amazing!”