02 Jun Let the 30 Day Weight Loss/Transformation Begin… (Breakfast)
The old cliche is really true, “Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day”
What is Breakfast?
Ideally if you are sleeping 7-9 hours per day, you are literally “breaking the fast” when eating breakfast within 2 hours of rising.
What is an Adequate Breakfast?
A breakfast that includes a healthy mix of carbs, protein and fat. Also known as “Marco-nutrients”. Breakfast is not:
- Coffee with some fruit
- Protein shake
- Eggs and/or bacon
Example of an adequate breakfast:
- Oatmeal, low-fat milk*, fruit, whole egg or other lean protein
- whole grain toast, low-fat milk*, fruit, whole egg or other lean protein
- Egg white omelette, with veggies, low-fat milk*, whole grain toast
- Whole grain cold cereal (like FiberOne Honey Clusters, Kashi GoLean), low-fat milk*, fruit, whole egg or other lean protein
- Potatoes, reduced fat shredded cheese, low-fat milk*, fruit, whole egg or other lean protein
*or other dairy substitute (Lactose-free milk or Soymilk – not almond, rice, coconut, cashew, and others)
The key is serving sizes as this is very individualized. However, all the players are important (carbs-protein-fat). Some may need a cup of cooked oatmeal/cereal while others may need 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal/cereal. Some may need 2 slices of toast, while others may need 1 slice of toast.
**For more information on a individualized plan, please inbox me directly and mention ConVersatePromo***