09 Jun 30 Day Weight Loss/Transformation Week #2… ( Lunch)
For many, lunch is the first meal of the day around 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM. This is a metabolism buster!
Not to mention many other functions in the body. Now the body is working in overtime just to keep you alive, breathing, blinking, organs pumping, etc. Just imagine what stress is on the body when doing “keto” and other highly restrictive diets. (Note: Losing weight on Keto or other restrictive diets does not make it safe)
Ideally, an adequate lunch should occur about 4 hours (when metabolism is hummin, 3 to 4 hours) after breakfast.
What is an Adequate Lunch?
For starter, lunch contains a mix of carbs, protein and snack. Yes, macro-nutrients. The goal is the fuel the body with optimal ‘gas’ throughout the day. Some of my clients prefer lunch as the biggest meal. This is a personal preference and not necessary for overall health, wellness or faster weight loss. You may make any main meal your largest. The key is the total calories for the day is adequate for your personal health goals.
Lunch examples lacking in macro nutrients:
- Salad with lean protein (no carbs)
- Lettuce wrap with lean protein ( no carbs)
Adequate lunch ideas:
- lower sodium Turkey and reduced fat natural cheese on whole grain bread, side salad, fruit
- Quinoa or brown rice, lean protein, mixed vegetables, black beans, avocado(I call this a power bowl)
- large salad (dark leaves), raw veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, etc) lean protein, beans, croutons (YES croutons!) with salad dressing
The serving size and the amount of calories for lunch is very individualized. Cutting out carbs at lunch is a recipe for craving and over eating at night!
**For more information on a individualized plan, please inbox me directly and mention ConVersatePromo***